Easy-to-Make Homemade Raspberry Vodka


We always exchange little Christmas gifts with the four other couples who live in our cul-de-sac, so this year I decided I was going to make some type of homemade booze. Why? Well, let's just say that all of our get-togethers involve several types of booze, and the most-often-requested "food" they ask me to make is jello shots. See? Booze - the perfect gift - you can't go wrong with booze in this crowd.

bottles of homemade raspberry vodka

I decided on raspberry vodka, and after Googling and searching Pinterest for recipes, I ended up making my own version.

{enjoy the view} Homemade Raspberry Vodka


Ingredients:
1.5 L vodka (I used Three Olives)
2 pints raspberries
white sugar (wgt equal to the wgt of the berries)
bottles
cheesecloth
large bowl

vodka, raspberries, sugar, empty bottles

Directions:
Wash raspberries, drain, and let dry slightly on a paper towel.

Weigh raspberries, then measure out an equal amount of white sugar.

Pour about half the vodka into a spouted bowl.

Carefully add raspberries & sugar to vodka bottle, then add vodka from the bowl to the bottle, leaving enough room to shake the contents. (You'll probably have some vodka left over - just hang onto it because you can add it to the raspberry vodka later.)

vodka & raspberries in bottle

Recap bottle and roll/shake gently until sugar is dissolved. Be careful! You want the berries to stay as intact as possible.

Gently shake bottle 3-4 times a day for the first week, then once a day for at least 2-3 more weeks.

raspberries in vodka

When you're ready to decant the bottle, you'll find the raspberries are really plump and a little difficult to remove from the bottle.

vodka-infused raspberries

I draped cheesecloth over a large bowl and gently poured as much vodka as I could through the cheesecloth. Then I got another bowl and shook the bottle over it to remove the raspberries and the rest of the vodka.

empty glass bottles

Once the bottle was empty, I used a slotted spoon to remove the raspberries from the bowl (I put them in a container and popped them in the freezer to use as garnishes! After eating one, of course - wow - they pack a punch!!), then poured the vodka in that bowl through the cheesecloth on the other bowl. (This removes any seeds or pieces of berries left in the vodka.)

Then I poured the raspberry vodka into the gift bottles. I had the four bottles that I purchased at Hobby Lobby and etched with my neighbors' surnames (see my how to etch glass post). I filled them evenly with the raspberry vodka, topped them off with the leftover regular vodka that I saved from earlier, and added the corks. Since they were gifts, I added some gold bows.

bottles with gold metallic bows

gold metallic bow

bottles of homemade raspberry vodka with metallic gold bows and etched names

Pretty cute, huh? I was pleased with the final results - and I think my neighbors will be as well. I really like how it's two gifts in one - raspberry vodka and a personalized bottle that can be reused after the vodka is gone!

If you enjoy food, adult beverages, or would like to just see more "a day in the life of" - join me on Instagram and/or Snapchat!

Would you like a printable version of this recipe? Our subscribers receive access to a members-only area with printable recipes, travel printables, and more! You can sign up here!



Kim
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!